Saturday 27 July 2024

Anew (on line, horizontal & vertical)

On time…

some of us are always on time, others struggle. Some of us think time will become better with time > and we too, getting to enjoy the plenty then. Time was for many good a long time ago.

I found today an old blog i worked on many years ago, just when i was thinking I should write down some of the thoughts that occur to me every morning when i’m painting. Every piece has its meaning and lessons, most of which apply to life and feel brilliant at the time. If i don’t put them on paper they tend to dissolve into the greyness time.

This piece is the one that ignited my fire to write again.

Its about the crazy pull of a non-existent future, the imaginary shiny treasure towards which we run forgetting on our way to experience the path.

It made me think about a horizontal time and a vertical spirit.

This, in turn, led me to ponder on other relationships between form & spirit as well as how they apply to my art. With this in mind I remembered Kandinskis “on the spiritual in art” and thought, I want to make my own version of it!

So here we are. The artwork in progress doesn’t have a name yet. It could be “Marathon Man”, “Chronometer “ or “Timeless “. It might even be something else, who knows? I’m just happy it got me back to writing, proving once again: The beauty of our trip is not the arrival but the path that leads to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment